Wednesday 2 September 2015

Chapter #10

So we hit the road for a few weeks
of pure sightseeing.
Along the way on the first day
I was lucky enough to see a field of these...



...I had almost given up 
on seeing sunflowers en masse
as every field we had passed up until then
were well past flowering,
so imagine my delight when rounding a corner
and there they were!
Compulsory photo shoot pit stop:)

It took us a couple of days to reach our
first planned stop of Luxembourg.
Wow!! 
...loved every minute of our
short but special time in this city.
The olde part was just fabulous...







...in the background of this photo
you can see the casemates
that we decided to tour.
They are quite amazing...
huge long tunnels and chambers,
built eons ago.
Not for the claustrophobic,
though :)



...the old and the newer...


Our first day was spent exploring the olde,
no surprises there :)
But on the second day we went to the new side,
filled with massive corporate buildings,
and even though I am a lover of the olde,
in their own right they are
quite spectacular
and I can appreciate the achitecture...




A pleasant bonus of camping at Luxembourg
was the forest directly behind the
campground.
Its hard to describe how lush and cool
this beautiful forest was...


...certainly inspired me to put my running shoes on,
deliciously nice place for a morning run:)
And later as sun was setting
an evening walk...
the days were so hot that it was bliss
to walk in the shade of the trees:)


This park will be a special memory...
only trees, I know,
but beautiful trees,
and the feeling of walking
(and running)
beneath them was just so lovely.

Another special memory of Luxembourg
was the herb garden that I found
in the middle of the city,
in the olde part...


I really really love herb gardens:)
And a little further along the path were
honeypots and blackberries :)


And then just a little bit more
further along 
something I've now seen
 a few times over here...
an insect hotel:)


Didn't quite intend 
for this whole post to be on
Luxembourg,
but as you can probably tell,
I loved this place 
and would highly recommend
a visit if you are in
the neighbourhood.

Next stop will be Valkenburg
See you there :)
Jenny
xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Jenny, what a fabulous place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful architecture, looks so peaceful. Safe journeys Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Luxemburg several times, but never really enjoyed it. Next time I should look at it through your eyes! Greatly empressive tour!

    ReplyDelete