Sunday 27 September 2015

Chapter #17

The road to Andorra,
this time,
took us through beautiful Provence.
It would have been amazing to visit
this area when the lavender fields
were in bloom
but sadly this wasn't possible
so I could only imagine what they looked like
as we passed field after field
of neatly trimmed lavender bushes.
Luckily, early on in this adventure,
 I did manage to see a few fields...


So as we meandered across country
the villages we passed
were ridiculously gorgeously quaint.
I wanted to stop in every single one,
and wander the lanes,
take photos
and breathe it all in:)



Castellane was one little village
I squeezed a quick photo pit stop in...



...very cute (of course:)
The lanes literally do meander...
I would often find myself stopping
and thinking,
crikey,
am I walking up the path
to someone's house:)

Our day's travel ended
in another gorgeous old village,
called Apt.
We didn't get to explore Apt
until next morning,
but the wait was worth it:)


...this is one of the gates of entry
to the olde part of the town...
love it:)


...peeking through the door
down one of the lanes,
to another door beyond...


...and a gorgeous basket of lavender
outside one of the florists.

While wandering around the village
I stopped in a lovely wee shop
selling photos of the area
and started chatting with the owner.
She told me about the villages in the area
all of which were a must see!
Being that we only had a few hours
I had to choose one,
and wow,
Bonnieux was a good choice:)


...love the blue doors and shutters...


...and this has to be the most incredible
wall art I think I've ever seen...


...steeples...
  


...obligatory walk up the hill
for the view...


...and of course there are always,
always,
gorgeous cottages
to snap...:)


Absolutely beautiful village,
and a must visit if you find yourself
in this part of the world.

So this day's travel ended up in a
campsite
beside the lovely
Lake Salagou.
Totally different lake to
what I had imagined,
but nonetheless beautiful...


...it was a very tempting walk around
the shore that evening
as the track led me through
vineyards dripping with grapes...


...and this would have to be
the most spectacular
way to end the day...


Next day,
next stop,
Andorra.
See you there :)
Jenny
xx

2 comments:

  1. All I can sa is amazing, I am so enjoying this holiday from the comfort my couch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are all the people Jenny? How wonderful to live in a home like those, no traffic,quaint alleys with lovely looking boutique shops. Looks so romantic. Hope you got a chance to be invited inside to view one of their homes. Hope the weather is treating you kindly.

    ReplyDelete